Please enter your username and password to log in:
Bridge to Volunteering
This workshop is an introduction to volunteering.
- What is volunteering and what is a volunteer?
- Volunteering opportunities
- The benefits of volunteering
- The rights and responsibilities of volunteers and organisations that engage volunteers
- What a person should consider when looking for a volunteer role
- How to find a suitable volunteer role
Bridge to Volunteering is open to:
- People who have never volunteered before
- People who have done some volunteering but want a more comprehensive introduction to volunteering in general
- People who are new to Australia and have not volunteered in Australia
Attending Bridge to Volunteering is not a prerequisite for using The Centre's Volunteer Referral Service (VRS) to find a volunteer role. If you have volunteered before and are looking for a new role, please contact the VRS directly for an interview.
For individuals who book through the Volunteer Referral service of The Centre for Volunteering, Bridge to Volunteering is held every Friday, 10:30am-12:30pm, except public holidays, from mid-January until early December.
The weekly scheduled two-hour program is conducted at The Centre for Volunteering, Level 3, 40 Gloucester Street, The Rocks 2000.
There is no fee to attend the Friday or other scheduled sessions at The Centre for Volunteering.
Bookings are essential. Book online - select the date you wish to attend and complete the Bridge to Volunteering booking form or phone the Volunteer Referral Service on 02 9261 3600 to book your place.
The workshop can also be delivered to organisations either on-site or at The Centre. Contact the School on 02 9261 3600 for more information. To make a booking please complete our online booking form.
When conducted for organisations the fee is $230 per group (maximum 20), plus GST. The following expenses incurred by the School in the preparation, delivery, etc, of training or services will be on-charged to the client “at cost to the School” as follows for:
- Travel expenses incurred within the Sydney Metropolitan Area when the training/service is delivered 25km or more from the Sydney CBD. It will be at the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) approved “per kilometre” rate or the taxi fee incurred.
- Travel, accommodation and incidental expenses incurred when the training/service is delivered outside the Sydney Metropolitan Area. If applicable, the ATO approved “per kilometre” rate will apply.